[systemd-devel] systemd default target

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Feb 15 13:31:05 UTC 2016

On Sat, 13.02.16 14:34, Pathangi Janardhanan (path.jana at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have some services configured with the above, Restart=on-failure and
> StartLimitInterval/StartLimitBurst and also StartLimitAction with reboot.
>
>  The problem I am trying to look at is, how to get out of a continuous
> reboot cycle, if one of the services is failing. That is why I was looking
> for any options where systemd can have its default target changed to
> recover or something equivalent, if the system is undergoing repeated
> reboots within a certain interval?

There's no infrastructure for that in systemd right now. It's also not
easy to implement generically, as such counters would have to be
accessible early in boot (which means not in /var), but also writable
(which makes /etc uncool).

So I figure this is something you'd have to add you own local
infrastructure for currently, sorry.