[systemd-devel] known but not-listed units

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 07:52:53 PST 2016

> We currently do not show runtime generated unit files among the output
> of "systemctl list-unit-files", but it would probably make sense

Aren't these files auto generated on each bootup/reload/restart thus
exposing them is likely to cause confusion for administrators
( they start fiddling with the autogenerated units as opposed to what
they are autogenerated from and wonder why those changes get lost )
hence it would be better continuing not exposing them right?

At least I would think generators would need to add to their generated
files "# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE" in addition to "# Automatically
generated by $generator" to be clear on this.

JBG