[systemd-devel] Adding a Timer section to .service files

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jul 8 13:44:22 UTC 2016

Am 08.07.2016 um 15:35 schrieb One Infinite Loop:
> A few usecases:
> 1) I want to delete specific files once a day

what is the problem?

> 2)I want to free RAM using sync command and `echo 3 >
> /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches` every 15 seconds

besides it's stupid - what is the problem?

> 3)I want to make sure certain processes always run using a specific nice
> value like -15. I know control groups are invented but it's not the same
> thing.

what is the problem

> I know crontab was invented too but I wanna learn only one syntax:
> systemd syntax.

how does that change the fact that it would be broken by design to have
a timer-section which is implicit active while the unit is disabled
which is the reason you have both and why don't you just learn it?

> I don't know how to quote and how to reply because it's my first time
> when I use a mailing list

DAMNED:
it has nothing to do with mailing lists and when you don't know what
quoting means, even not when compare the mails of others and yours which
are only contain your response but no part of the previous communication
go and make your homework first by learn to use your mailclient since
that is even worser than top-posting with full-quotes

*you really* believe somebody is interested enough that he seeks for
your previous mails and *guess* to which person you replied at all when
there where more then one response since your last mail?