[systemd-devel] Adding a Timer section to .service files

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jul 8 14:39:32 UTC 2016

Am 08.07.2016 um 16:21 schrieb One Infinite Loop:
> I want like my browser processes, for example, to run at a nice value of
> -15. That's why I want to run '/usr/bin/zsh -c '/usr/bin/renice -15 -p
> $(/usr/bin/pgrep -f /opt/google/chrome/chrome)'` every 15 seconds, for
> example

well, nice -15 means nearly real time and is for a browser similar
*censored* than `echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches` every 15 minutes
because under load combined with a hanging javascript your computer will
no longer respond to anything

for a real usecase not allowing your browser to eat all ressources when
you visit a buggy website "nice -n 15" in the .desktop file which starts
your browser would be the way to go

think about a better example - don't get me wrong but that and "i don't
know how to reply" togehter don't qualify you for any technical proposal