[systemd-devel] Reboot hangs at the very last step

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:04:02 UTC 2016

18.07.2016 17:35, Frank Steiner пишет:
> Hi,
>
> on some of our servers (all of those are NFS-servers with iscsi devices...)
> rebooting sometimes hangs after
>
> [  OK  ] Reached target Shutdown.
>
> The next line, the kernel mesage about resetting the system, never
> shows up. Is there a way to figure out what systemd is waiting for
> at this point?

In the past this often was associated with network being shut down too
early.

> I tried the debug shell with a while-true loop doing "systemctl list-jobs",
> but the last output I get before the debug shell itself hangs looks quite
> ok (see screenshot).
>
> On one server I can reliably trigger the hang: I removed iscsi.service
> so the iscsi-mounts in /etc/fstab timeo ut during the boot. After the
> server has come up, I manually activate the iscsi-devices with iscsiadm,
> then run "vgchange -ay", then reboot the server, and it hangs.
> Without manually activating the devices or if iscsi.service is there
> during boot, the server will reboot fine.

Well, that rather enforces this; when network filesystem is part of
system startup it gets extra dependency on network and is unmounted
before network is stopped; but manual mount does not (or at least did
not - I believe there were some patches) have this dependency so may be
delayed.

Try to closely look at all units that need network - do all of them have
proper Before and After to ensure they are stopped before network?