[systemd-devel] Best practice to set values in /proc?

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Tue Jun 14 18:16:38 UTC 2016

Hello,

Are there any best practices for adjusting values in /proc on system
boot?  Specifically, I'm looking for a way to do

   echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/safename/mode_for_unprivileged
   echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/safename/mode_for_privileged

..as soon as possible when booting.

I think this file is going to be available right away, but I'm also
wondering if there is some mechanism that would allow me to wait until
the desired file in /proc shows up (e.g. due to a module load).

Thanks,
-Nikolaus