[systemd-devel] Issues with networkd Interface Configuration in 229

Chris Trobridge christrobridge at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:48:01 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am using the systemd in Yocto Krogoth (229 714c62b46).
The main issue I have is that networkd is not configuring a static IP address for a tap interface it has set up.
The configuration was working with an earlier version of Yocto and works with Fedora 23, which is still on 222.
I am also seeing messages that it is trying to setup an IPv6 address, although that is not configured: starting DHCPv6 client after NDISC failed (invalid parameter).  In fact I just see an IPv6 link-local address.
I can set up a static address with ifconfig (from busybox) but restarting systemd-networkd wipes this address again.
Is this a known issue fixed in 230?
I could pursue this on the Yocto list if you think the issue is there.
Cheers,Chris