[systemd-devel] [networkd] dbus interface?

Yuri D'Elia wavexx at thregr.org
Wed May 18 21:12:54 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 18 2016, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Yuri D'Elia <wavexx at thregr.org> on Mon, 2016/05/16 21:30:
>> I'd like to monitor interface state changes as emitted by networkd.
>
> You may want to take a look at netlink-notify [0]. It does not use networkd
> at all but kernel's netlink interface. It's not perfect but works pretty well
> for me. And there's no polling, so no waste of resources.

Very nice and simple too!
Missed this in my search (damn, finding projects in github is _hard_).

> BTW, probably the simplest and most straight forward monitoring on console
> (so no notification popups...) is 'ip monitor'.

Of course, I was hoping to get more detailed events out of networkd. I
wrote something very similar for connman, where I can get events for AP
reconfiguration and DHCP updates (including resolver changes) in a
single spot.

For a wlan link, I really want to know which ESSID wpa_supplicant
attached me to.