[systemd-devel] The auto login configuration can't pass the first appeared screen after reboot/shutdown

Alin Craciunescu alinxcraciunescu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:53:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am a Linux beginner user.

Because the device is a tablet, I would like to can use it "take away" also
without the attached wireless keyboard, that's why, I intend to use the
auto login.

I would like to resolve if it is posssible the next issues, without to
install a login manager.

It seams that the auto login could not pass the first screen appeared after
reboot, or after shutdown.

My auto login configuration http://paste.ubuntu.com/23412534/

~/.xsession-errors http://paste.ubuntu.com/23413124/

/var/log/Xorg.0.log http://paste.ubuntu.com/23413137/

journalctl -b http://paste.ubuntu.com/23412613/

/var/log/Xorg.0.log https://paste.ubuntu.com/23357560/

systemctl status getty at tty1 http://paste.ubuntu.com/23412860/

After reboot it is stuck on the first appeared screen which it seams that
is the systemd screen /dev/sda1: clean 1123123/1231312 files
12312312/13212312 blocks.

The only way to pass this screen is to ctrl+alt+f1 and after that the
autologin to x works automatically.

I don't use any login manager, or any desktop environment, only jwm.

I am 99% percent sure that the same config passed also the above systemd
first screen On Ubuntu 16.10, but it seams that on Ubuntu 16.04 it can't.

While the above screen is standing by the login manager which will appear
after ctrl+alt+f1 is appearing "like a ghost" for a few "mili seconds" like
it would trying to start in the background of the first screen /dev/sda1:
clean 1123123/1231312 files 12312312/13212312 blocks. but it can't until I
don't ctr+alt+f1.

I appreciate.