[systemd-devel] accelerometer mount-matrix quirks

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Nov 22 16:23:39 UTC 2016

On Tue, 22.11.16 12:13, Bastien Nocera (hadess at hadess.net) wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm adding support for reading the mount-matrix[1] from accelerometer
> devices in iio-sensor-proxy, but we'll need to add a way to override
> the mount-matrix in case the data from the device-tree is incorrect, or
> missing[2].
>
> I was wondering whether we should ship the hwdb quirks in systemd or
> iio-sensor-proxy.
>
> Opinions?

If it's generic enough then the hwdb is definitely a good place for
things like that. If the concept however only has value for
iio-sensor-proxy specifically then it should probably live in that
package. Of course the lines are blurry there, so compare with the
input case: hwdb carries dpi quirk data for all kinds of mice, and if
this data is like that, then it fits in.