[systemd-devel] accelerometer mount-matrix quirks

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Nov 22 16:26:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-11-22 at 17:23 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 22.11.16 12:13, Bastien Nocera (hadess at hadess.net) wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'm adding support for reading the mount-matrix[1] from
> > accelerometer
> > devices in iio-sensor-proxy, but we'll need to add a way to
> > override
> > the mount-matrix in case the data from the device-tree is
> > incorrect, or
> > missing[2].
> >
> > I was wondering whether we should ship the hwdb quirks in systemd
> > or
> > iio-sensor-proxy.
> >
> > Opinions?
>
> If it's generic enough then the hwdb is definitely a good place for
> things like that. If the concept however only has value for
> iio-sensor-proxy specifically then it should probably live in that
> package. Of course the lines are blurry there, so compare with the
> input case: hwdb carries dpi quirk data for all kinds of mice, and if
> this data is like that, then it fits in.

The quirks apply to the devices, and are in the same format as what's
offered by the kernel when the firmware provides it, so it's not iio-
sensor-proxy specific in any way. If we were to replace iio-sensor-
proxy, we'd still use this metadata.

I'll send a patch in as soon as I've done testing on a machine that
does need this quirking.

Cheers