[systemd-devel] Script in /usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown not executed on init 6

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Nov 23 14:52:53 UTC 2016

Am 23.11.2016 um 15:19 schrieb Benoit SCHMID:
> On 11/23/2016 03:03 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> than you need only to adjust "DefaultTimeoutStopSec" to ensure it does
>> not get killed and order services proper
>
> In most of my tests, this is set to 5min.
> Therefore the problem is not located on the fact that the stop command
> ends too early

so why do you strip the whole context and rest of the response?

what  is your exactly problem?

it should be no rocket science to define a service, order starting as
needed which ensures at the same time that stop services happens in the
exactly reverse order

maybe you should stop looking at old sysv scripts and just start from
scratch and define what you need in a proper systemd unit - for many
things you will find out that a lot of magic from init scripts is not
needed at all

for me it ssems what you trying to to is wrap everything from a init
script in a native systemd-unit which is wrong from the start in most cases