[systemd-devel] Script in /usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown not executed on init 6

Benoit SCHMID Benoit.Schmid at unige.ch
Thu Nov 24 09:39:52 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 11/23/2016 03:52 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> so why do you strip the whole context and rest of the response?
>
> what  is your exactly problem?

I think my original question on this thread is clear.
> it should be no rocket science to define a service, order starting as
> needed which ensures at the same time that stop services happens in
> the exactly reverse order

It is more than rocket science to have the same behaviour
for my SAP system behaviour on RH7 like on RH6.
On RH6 I could boot my server.
Then a few days after I could manually restart dedicated processes.
On the next shutdown, I knew my processes would be cleanly stopped.

With RH7, my commands' executions need to be wrapped by systemd service.
Otherwise, as L. Poettering said, these daemons are not stopped cleanly
at shutdown.
This what I have understood.

> maybe you should stop looking at old sysv scripts and just start from
> scratch and define what you need in a proper systemd unit - for many
> things you will find out that a lot of magic from init scripts is not
> needed at all

This is what I am trying to do :-)

> for me it ssems what you trying to to is wrap everything from a init
> script in a native systemd-unit which is wrong from the start in most
> cases
"trying to wrap everything from init script" is not my overall goal.
My over goal is to administer my SAP systems on my new RH7 servers.

I have constraints from RH7 and from SAP and from Oracle DB.
After reading that there is systemv systemd generator,
I thought that I could have all the old functionalities with systemd.
It is not the case.
Therefore I am trying to find the best compromises to run my SAP systems.
This implies understanding what I can do and what I cannot do with systemd.
This is why I ask questions like the one on this thread.

Regards,

--

     Benoit Schmid              Tel: (+41-22) 379-7209

     University of Geneva - Information Technology Division