[systemd-devel] bus1, dbus(-daemon) and systemd

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 11:30:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've been watching the bus1 presentation from this years systemd.conf
(thanks a lot for the video team btw for doing a stellar job).

What didn't become clear to me i, how bus1, dbus(-daemon) and systemd
are supposed to fit together in the future.

If I understood David correctly, bus1 is not meant as a drop-in
replacement for dbus-daemon, but rather provide some simpler, lower
level communication primitives.

In an earlier talk by Lennart, he mentioned that systemd will
(re)implement dbus-daemon.
Would this reimplmentation be based on bus1 or be a completely
separate re-implementation *not* using bus1?

Such a hypothetical dbus-daemon replacement based on bus1, how would
this look like and what would systemd's role be there?

I would guess you already thought about that and you already have
plans in that regard.
Would be great if you can share them with us.

Greetings to Berlin,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?