[systemd-devel] Auto-start of a Service in systemd

Raghavendra. H. R raghuhr84 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:23:14 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I'm a newbie in Systemd init system and I'm trying to auto boot/start my
service in systemd. But my service gets only enabled and it never runs
automatically.

I modifying my unit file to depend on sysinit.target and multi-user.target
by making use of I used *After=* this also didnt help.

*I would like to do something in my unit file from which systemd starts my
service automatically after starting it's own system related services. *

Can anyone help me regarding this ?

My sample service
=============
[Unit]
Description=Hey Bings

[Service]
ExecStart="Run an executable"

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target *or* sysinit.target

--
Regards,

Raghavendra. H. R
(Raghu)