[systemd-devel] Auto-start of a Service in systemd

Raghavendra. H. R raghuhr84 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:42:54 UTC 2016

I ran *"systemctl enable test.service" *but when I restart it shows only
that the service is only enabled but not active and running.

Here is the status of test.service

*? test.service - Hey Bings*
*   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/test.service; enabled)*
*   Active: inactive (dead)*

For *WantedBy= *which attribute should be given, whether it is
"default.target" or the default target of the system ?
Running *systemctl get-default* shows graphical.target as the default
target.

--
Regards,

Raghavendra. H. R