[systemd-devel] Fedora 25, cgroups V2 and systemd roadmap

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:30:35 UTC 2016

> I still hope that Fedora can go the Facebook route, and just patch the
> stuff in, and ignore the fight going on in the kernel community.

That wont fly by the kernel sub community in Fedora in which they are
doing whatever they can not having to carry out of tree patches and wind
up in the same scenario they have been in with "Secure Boot" for the
past what 3 - 5 years now.

I'm pretty sure that every downstream distribution has already realized
that the longer they carry patch or patches that exist out of tree, the
harder they get to maintain without extra support as in additional
manpower in maintaining the kernel for that distribution and will also
chose not to carry that patches.

JBG