[systemd-devel] Is it possible to load unit files from paths other than default paths ?

Raghavendra. H. R raghuhr84 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:26:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm newbie with systemd boot system and I need help in resolving one issue.

I would like to create a service under a customized path Eg:/mnt and
systemd should be able to pick my unit file from this.

I tried by setting *Environment=SYSTEMD_UNIT_PATH=/mnt *from the
console but it didnt help and found the error *"Failed to start
startup.service: Unit startup.service failed to load: No such file or
directory."*

Is it possible to achieve this ?

--
Regards,