[systemd-devel] more verbose debug info than systemd.log_level=debug?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Apr 17 11:06:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, 10.04.17 20:20, Chris Murphy (lists at colorremedies.com) wrote:

> 4. Systemd for not enforcing limited kill exemption to those running
> from initramfs, i.e. ignore kill exemption if the program is running
> other than initramfs.

Well, we are not the police, and we do kill everything by default,
even though we have this explicit, privileged opt-out of this. If
people misuse it, then I am pretty sure it's on them, not us...

That said, I will subscribe to the request that systemd's shutdown
logic should go the safest way possible, and hence I am fine with
calling the generic FIFREEZE+FITHAW ioctls one after the other, if
that helps, even though I think this is really broken API.