[systemd-devel] Upgrade 232 -> 233: user at XXX.service: Failed at step PAM spawning...

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Apr 29 11:29:31 UTC 2017

On Sat, 29.04.17 13:25, Vlad (vovan at vovan.nl) wrote:

> Lennart,
>
> I've just tried your suggestion as well, but it doesn't change behavior.
> I'm just wondering how it would be possible to investigate the error.
> The message "user at xxx.service: Failed at step PAM spawning
> /usr/lib/systemd/systemd: Operation not permitted" isn't very
> descriptive. I enabled debug for pam_systemd, but it doesn't give useful
> information in my case.

Well, I figure you should look for PAM level debugging, not
systemd level debugging for this. Contact the PAM community for help
on that.

But do note again that distros vary greatly on PAM, and while "-" is
typically used on Fedora-based distros, IIRC other distros don't know
or use that concept. Please ask your distro for help.