[systemd-devel] Local mount as a remote-fs?

Andrey Klimentyev andrey.klimentyev at flant.com
Mon Dec 4 11:25:47 UTC 2017

Hi,

Is it possible to register local mount as a remote-fs?

I've got a rather peculiar problem with Kubernetes and Ceph:
1. kubelet creates an rbd device in /dev;
2. it mounts it to some location;
3. systemd adds local-fs.target and local-fs-pre.target to  Before= and
After= directives on auto-created .mount Units.

Unfortunately, with that approach thing get rather messy on shutdown. Ceph
RBD kernel client detects network outage (since we've already disabled the
network) and stops all I/O to those filesystems, while systemd actively
tries to umount them. systemd depends on umounting those filesystems, and
Ceph depends on an online network to properly finish all I/O and unmount
them, thus creating a kind of a deadlock.

--
Andrey Klimentyev,
DevOps engineer @ JSC «Flant»