[systemd-devel] Is this list still active? Where can I get basic help with systemd

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups at NTLWorld.COM
Thu Dec 7 18:56:12 UTC 2017

  Lennart Poettering:

> Uh, I am not sure what celery is, but if celery is started but exitson
> its own then I am not sure I can help you very much.
>
> Does it detach on its own? i.e. double fork? if yes, then type=forking
> is the right choice, otherwise you need a different Type=.

A tip from one of my service bundles:

# As of version 3.1, by default Celery does not "backgroundize" and logs
to standard error, and one stops it with SIGKILL.
# See also https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/3459 .

Note in particular that Celery has its own %n%I system, as explained there.