[systemd-devel] how make systemd NOT to clutter dmesg?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Feb 27 12:04:23 UTC 2017

On Mon, 27.02.17 11:03, lejeczek (peljasz at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:

> On 27/02/17 10:10, Reindl Harald wrote:
> >

> > Am 27.02.2017 um 10:55 schrieb lejeczek:
> > > hi there
> > >
> > > I'm trying to solve problem which to you guys must be trivial, but
> > > it's
> > > a puzzle to me.
> > > I've searched the net & man pages but ... failed to find how/where
> > > systemd is told to put stuff like:
> > >
> > > Got message type...
> >
> > seriously - could you at least post *one* uncutted message
>
> I said, it seemed the whole lot went there.. does it not make it simpler?
> I did not want to clutter the mailing list, here:
>

> [67142.383939] systemd[1]: Got notification message for unit httpd.service
> [67142.383956] systemd[1]: httpd.service: Got notification message from PID
> 7722 (READY=1, STATUS=Total requests: 0; Current requests/sec: 0; Current
> traffic:   0 B/sec)

Seems something turned on debug logging for you. There are multiple
ways how you might have turned it on. systemd.log_level=debug on the
kernel cmdline (just "debug" works too). There's also a config option
in system.conf. You can even turn it off and on dynamically with
"systemd-analyze set-log-level"...

How you turned it on I have no idea, but note that systemd will never
turn debug logging on on its own, so it's clearly your admin (or some
tool he used) on your system that is at fault.