[systemd-devel] Send dhcp options with networkd

Anthony Bourguignon contact+systemd at toniob.net
Thu Jan 12 16:18:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to switch from NetworkManager to networkd on my debian router.
My ISP needs a specific configuration to accept DHCP request and send back my ip address. First, I
have to setup a vlan, which is ok with networkd. Currently, with NM, I use a /etc/dhclient-
orange.conf which is used to send dhcp options. The content of the file is this one :

send dhcp-client-identifier 01:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
send vendor-class-identifier "sagem";
send user-class "+FSVDSL_livebox.Internet.softathome.Livebox3";
option rfc3118-authentication code 90 = string;
send rfc3118-authentication 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
request subnet-mask, routers, domain-name-servers, domain-name, broadcast-address, dhcp-lease-time,
dhcp-renewal-time, dhcp-rebinding-time, rfc3118-authentication;

Is there a way to perform the same configuration with the dhcp client provided by networkd ? Or at
least using dhclient instead of the one built-in ?

Thanks