[systemd-devel] Send dhcp options with networkd

Susant Sahani susant at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 05:40:30 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Anthony Bourguignon <
contact+systemd at toniob.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to switch from NetworkManager to networkd on my debian router.
> My ISP needs a specific configuration to accept DHCP request and send back
> my ip address. First, I
> have to setup a vlan, which is ok with networkd. Currently, with NM, I use
> a /etc/dhclient-
> orange.conf which is used to send dhcp options. The content of the file is
> this one :
>
> send dhcp-client-identifier 01:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
> send vendor-class-identifier "sagem";

ClientIdentifier=
The DHCPv4 client identifier to use. Either "mac" to use the MAC address of
the link or "duid" (the default, see below) to use an RFC4361-compliant
Client ID.

VendorClassIdentifier=
The vendor class identifier used to identify vendor type and configuration.

send user-class "+FSVDSL_livebox.Internet.softathome.Livebox3";
> option rfc3118-authentication code 90 = string;
> send rfc3118-authentication 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:
> 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
> request subnet-mask, routers, domain-name-servers, domain-name,
> broadcast-address, dhcp-lease-time,
> dhcp-renewal-time, dhcp-rebinding-time, rfc3118-authentication;

Rest I guess you need to raise RFEs.

 https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/new