[systemd-devel] mkosi.postinst and user home permissions

Federico Bruni fede at inventati.org
Tue Jul 4 10:28:34 UTC 2017

Hi all

I hope this is the right place to ask questions about mkosi.
If not, please advise where I should ask.

I'm building fedora-26 in a directory.
I want to add a normal user, so I've added to mkosi.postinst:

useradd dev -p mypassword
usermod dev -a -G wheel

These two commands work fine, but the permissions are not correct:

# ls -l /home/
total 4
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  3 18:13 dev

Is this a bug? Or maybe what I'm trying to do should be accomplished in
another way?
As a workaround, I might try add a third line to mkosi.postinst:

chown -R dev:dev /home/dev

Thanks in advance
Federico