[systemd-devel] Github systemd issue 6237

Alexander Bisogiannis alexixor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 16:59:23 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Apologies for asking here, but since the discussion is locked in Github I
thought to ask here.

This was marked as "not a bug", but in later comments the wording suggests
that systemd behaviour will change and if the username in a unit does not
exist systemd will ignore the unit, instead of running it as root.

My question is:

Is this a bug with a BZ against rhel/centos7 (as my understanding is that
this affects EL7 too)?

If there is no BZ and based on the wording of the second to last comment
by poettering, will this be fixed/changed in a future update?

I personally see this as a security issue and thus as a bug.

Again, apologies for asking here, but I cannot comment in the github
discussion due to the thread being locked to maintainers only.

Regards,
Abis.