[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd not sending DHCP v6 requests

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 03:23:11 UTC 2017

I'm playing using systemd-networkd (rather than the legacy network
service) on my Banana Pi CentOS 7 firewall.  (See the "Bouncing
interface once chrony is synced" thread for background.)

I have "DHCP=yes" in the [Network] section of my WAN interface
(eth0.256.network):

  [Match]
  Name=eth0.256

  [Network]
  DHCP=yes
  IPForward=yes
  #IPv6AcceptRA=yes - Not supported in v219

  [DHCP]
  UseHostname=no

For some reason, though, only the IPv4 DHCP request is being sent.  I
have verified with tcpdump that no "dhcp6 solicit" packets are ever
sent.

I also have a 32-bit ARM VM (qemu) running CentOS 7.  It does not
exhibit this behavior; i.e. systemd-networkd does send dhcp6 solicit
packets from this VM.  The most significant difference between the VM
and the firewall is that the firewall has an extremely minimal set of
packages installed.

Is there some library or package that is required for DHCP v6 to work
(something that might have slipped by an RPM packager)?

Any other ideas?