[systemd-devel] no user dbus session in container

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 09:31:36 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 3:09 PM Simon McVittie <smcv at collabora.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 at 12:36:12 +0000, arnaud gaboury wrote:
> > After upgrade from Fedora 25 to 26, there is no more user dbus session
> for user
> > in container.
> > On container, user can't connect to dbus session, and I have no idea why.
> > May someone please give me some hints on how to debug this issue?
>
> Please start by reading the system log (the Journal).
>
> The chain of events that is meant to result in a D-Bus session bus is:
>
> * A user logging in (somehow) starts a login session
> * The login session starts an instance of `systemd --user`
> * `systemd --user` starts the dbus.socket user service, listening on
>   that user's $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/bus
> * Some client in the login session interacts with the session bus
> * As a side-effect of connecting to $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/bus,
>   `systemd --user` starts the dbus.service user service
>   (dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd:)
> * The dbus-daemon accepts the client's connection

I can't tell in the container the variable
 DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus. I have tried many
places (~/.pam_environment; /etc/systemd/system/user at .service.d/local.conf;
~/.config/systemd/user.conf).
Could it be at the root of my issue? Do I really need a per user dbsu
session in my container?