[systemd-devel] udev rule to mount ext4 with data=journal

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jun 14 08:05:31 UTC 2017

On Wed, 14.06.17 07:30, Pascal K (pascalkrauth at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new to this list and to udev (used mdev before).
>
> My goal: Mount a CFast card partioned with 2 partitions one FAT32 and one
> EXT4, the EXT4 I would like to mount with option "data=journal"
>
> The Problem: from the console using mount the partition can be mounted with
> mount -o "data=journal" ... but not from my udev rule. My rule results in
> only the FAT32 partition being mounted.

Note that we run udevd in its own mount namespace through MountFlags=,
and this means no mounts will ever appear on the host anyway.

Note that it is sufficient to mark mounts as "auto,nofail" in
/etc/fstab to make sure they are mounted automatically as they appear
without making the boot wait for it.