[systemd-devel] udev rule to mount ext4 with data=journal

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jun 14 08:30:28 UTC 2017

On Wed, 14.06.17 08:11, Pascal K (pascalkrauth at gmail.com) wrote:

> I try to achieve that regardless the device plugged to my embedded system
> the mount will be in folder /media/"name_of_volume".
>
> If I understand correctly for the usage of fstab I have to give a static
> name for the mount point.

It appears to me "systemd-mount" is the functionality you want to use
for this. It will automatically derive a usable name from the device
metadata and install an automount instance for it, so that there's the
best chance for the device's file system to always stay in a clean state.

You can invoke systemd-mount directly from the udev rule.