[systemd-devel] hanging reboot

Sergei Franco sergei.franco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 00:00:55 UTC 2017

Hello!

Thank you very much for pointing out the "After" vs "Before", as in for
ExecStop to run Before filesytem is unmounted it must be configured as
After :).
This fixes the Ubuntu unattended upgrades unit that prevents from hanging.

What I would like to address for future problems like this is how to have a
global timeout where systemd gives up and reboots anyway (regardless the
state of the units)? Even if it is a dirty reboot.

Thank you very much!

Sergei.