[systemd-devel] FW: Question about systemd sessions

Олег Гаврильченко Gavrilchenko at avionica.spb.ru
Tue May 23 09:12:22 UTC 2017

From: Олег Гаврильченко [mailto:Gavrilchenko at avionica.spb.ru]
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 6:17 PM
To: 'systemd-devel at lists.freedesktop.org'
<systemd-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject: Question about systemd sessions

Hello!

I have question about systemd user sessions.

When I start my systemd system and login to it I see 2 user sessions: c1 for
user gdm and c2 for my user. I see 2 (user at 120.slice <mailto:user at 120.slice>
and user at 1000.slice <mailto:user at 1000.slice> ) slices and 2
scopes(session-c1.scope and session-c2.scope). Several programs or deamons
reside in user at .slice <mailto:user at .slice> , other in session-c*.scope.
I don't understend and can not find in documentation, why is there 2 and not
1 session in system? And why does several programs reside in user at .slice
<mailto:user at .slice>  and other in session-c*.scope?