[systemd-devel] udev

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Wed Nov 1 14:04:19 UTC 2017

On 11/1/17, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Di, 31.10.17 14:49, David Henderson (dhenderson at digital-pipe.com) wrote:
>
>> Good afternoon all.  So is there another place I can get help for
>> this problem?
>
> Sorry, but this isn't really the right forum for help regarding
> building your distribution. Most of us just base our work on the work
> established distributions already did for us in this regard. If that
> doesn't work for you, then please contact a community such as LFS,
> whose focus it explicitly is to build a distribution from scratch,
> without resuing any work from other distributions. I am pretty sure
> they have more experience with putting together their own working
> build tool chain than us.
>
> Sorry,
>
> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering, Red Hat

Good morning Lennart, thanks for the follow-up!  At this point I am
only interested in building a particular program (udev) from the
systemD collection, not help building a distribution.  And I think if
I tried to contact LFS about this, they would direct me to this
communication channel since this is where the people who build and
support the programs are located.  As a side question, is there a
place to just acquire the udev portion without all the other parts or
did that get merged into this suite only?

Thanks,
Dave