[systemd-devel] Adding a .device reload on udev change

Jérémy Rosen jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
Sat Nov 4 08:58:12 UTC 2017

Hello everybody

I have written PR https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/6850 (opened)
and PR https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/6428 (closed)

Both of these PR were about having systemd generate a "reload" on
.device units to propagate to real services.

The first one was accepted, the concept was valid, but it caused a
regression and was partially reversed

I opened the second PR to track the regression and submit a version that
worked. That version has been around for some time but I have not
received any comment or no-go on it.

At this point  I was wondering if there is a problem in the github
notification logic, or if my PR is being ignored because I originally
asked it to not be merged (regression testing)

So, just to be sure, is there a particular reason systemd is not
interested in the idea, or is this just a case of me being paranoid and
the devs having other stuff on their radar ?

Thx and sorry for the inconvinience
Jérémy
--
SMILE <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine

*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

email jeremy.rosen at smile.fr <mailto:jeremy.rosen at smile.fr>
phone +33141402967
url http://www.smile.eu

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Github
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu
<http://smile.eu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire