[systemd-devel] Adding a .device reload on udev change

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Nov 5 06:45:50 UTC 2017

On Sa, 04.11.17 09:58, Jérémy Rosen (jeremy.rosen at smile.fr) wrote:

> Hello everybody
>
> I have written PR https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/6850 (opened)
> and PR https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/6428 (closed)
>
> Both of these PR were about having systemd generate a "reload" on .device
> units to propagate to real services.
>
> The first one was accepted, the concept was valid, but it caused a
> regression and was partially reversed
>
> I opened the second PR to track the regression and submit a version that
> worked. That version has been around for some time but I have not received
> any comment or no-go on it.
>
> At this point  I was wondering if there is a problem in the github
> notification logic, or if my PR is being ignored because I originally asked
> it to not be merged (regression testing)
>
> So, just to be sure, is there a particular reason systemd is not interested
> in the idea, or is this just a case of me being paranoid and the devs having
> other stuff on their radar ?

Ah, sorry for not reviewing this more timely. I didn't look into this
again mostly out of time constraints... Because we just did a release
I am not focussing so much on reviews, but try to write new code
instead. And when I do reviews anyway right now I usually start from
the top of the PR list...

As soon as we start preparing for the next release again I'll refocus
back on reviewing PRs, and unless I found the time to look at this one
earlier I'll definitely find it then.

Sorry for the delay. And yes, we have too foo reviewers. Reviewing is
time consuming, and not the most grateful of tasks I figure, and much
like most free software projects in systemd we have to few
reviewers for the amount of patches we get...