[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 235

Amish anon.amish at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:33:55 UTC 2017

Hello,

Thank you. I am curious to know if this new setting:
ConfigureWithoutCarrier=1 would resolve my query few months back.
(Although I would not be able to try it out yet for 2-3 weeks)

Subject: Persistent address on "Lost carrier"
Link:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2017-June/039041.html

i.e. systemd-networkd should not remove IP address and routes on "Lost
carrier".

I looked at the code here:
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/network/networkd-link.c

It appears that - it is still not so.

i.e. If carrier is lost (eg. cable removed / network issues) then
link_update() function would go ahead and call link_carrier_lost()
and unconfigure the device.

i.e. it will not obey ConfigureWithoutCarrier=1 which I believe it should.

Thanks and regards,

Amish.