[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 235

Susant Sahani susant at redhat.com
Fri Oct 6 15:27:54 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Amish <anon.amish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you. I am curious to know if this new setting:
> ConfigureWithoutCarrier=1 would resolve my query few months back.
> (Although I would not be able to try it out yet for 2-3 weeks)
>
> Subject: Persistent address on "Lost carrier"
> Link: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2017-Ju
> ne/039041.html
>
> i.e. systemd-networkd should not remove IP address and routes on "Lost
> carrier".
>
> I looked at the code here:
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/network/networkd-link.c
>
> It appears that - it is still not so.
>
> i.e. If carrier is lost (eg. cable removed / network issues) then
> link_update() function would go ahead and call link_carrier_lost()
> and unconfigure the device.
>
> i.e. it will not obey ConfigureWithoutCarrier=1 which I believe it should.

No that is not intended use case for  ConfigureWithoutCarrier=. It will
only look during configuring the the link.
 While configuring a link even if that link has no carrier it will go on
set it as configured for example empty bridges.
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6645. But in your case It is
already configured via gained carrier not via
ConfigureWithoutCarrier even if you set it to true.