[systemd-devel] How to give users permissions to /dev/kfd

Tom Stellard tstellar at redhat.com
Thu Oct 12 21:22:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

The amdkfd kernel driver exposes the /dev/kfd device file for doing gpgpu
computing on AMD GPUs, I would like to setup the permissions on this device
file, so that regular users can access it.  I think it makes sense to
try to copy what is being done for the other GPU device files, like /dev/dri/cardX.
I can see the udev rules for these /dev/dri/cardX, but on my system it looks like
something is giving users access to these files using  access control lists
(acls), but I'm not sure where the acls are being modified.  Is systemd only responsible
for the udev rules or is there something else in systemd I need to modify to
get the acls set correctly?

Thanks,
Tom