[systemd-devel] udev

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Thu Oct 26 18:38:33 UTC 2017

So I am using the compile flags as suggested, however, I have noticed
two errors.  I tried passing '--enable-static' to 'configure' and end
up with:

configure: error: --enable-static is not supported by systemd

Without it, I get passed that error in favor of another one:

checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for intltool-merge... yes
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for intltool >= 0.40.0... 0.51.0 found
checking for intltool-update... /usr/local/bin/intltool-update
checking for intltool-merge... /usr/local/bin/intltool-merge
checking for intltool-extract... /usr/local/bin/intltool-extract
checking for xgettext... /usr/local/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/local/bin/msgmerge
checking for msgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
/usr/local/bin/xgettext: error while loading shared libraries:
libgettextsrc-0.19.5.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
/usr/local/bin/msgmerge: error while loading shared libraries:
libgettextsrc-0.19.5.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
/usr/local/bin/msgfmt: error while loading shared libraries:
libgettextsrc-0.19.5.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
configure: error: GNU gettext tools not found; required for intltool

However, I have verified that the file does in fact exist and is
located in /usr/local/lib.  I tried adding '-L/usr/local/lib' to the
LDFLAGS variable, but no change.  Is it an issue with needing to be a
newer version or something?

Thanks,
Dave