[systemd-devel] UEFI + SystemD EpicneSS

axo at tango.lu axo at tango.lu
Wed Aug 8 09:07:07 UTC 2018

And another big FUCK you for this 2 piece of garbage technologies.

I just fucked up an entire night migrating a Cenots (congrats on using
shitd) to another server.

Good old hotclone rsync method with skipping libs and boot partition but
after the migration guess what the new server fails to start due to our
wonderful EFI -nobody needed some aholes still made it- technology ah
sorry uEFI because it's such an Universal fucking piece of shit.

so journalctl -xb or whatever that recommended me to look at logs
containing nothing useful whatsoever.

Finally I found out that the vfat kernel modul was not loaded on the
target system:

Grub2 issues: vfat unknown filesystem

So I had to do

dracut --regenerate-all --force
grub2-install --target=x86_64-efi --bootloader-id=centos
--efi-directory=/boot/efi --recheck --verbose /dev/sda

and voila it started working. Another crystal clear example of merging
together 2 headless beasts systemd+uefi.

Nobody ever asked for these shits especially not veteran uNIX admins.
VFAT filesystem with conjunction of nix systems give me a fucking break
?!

Who cares that the bios cannot boot over 2TB or whatever uefi was
intended to solve, the solution is not to write something from scratch
but extend current existing technologies in a modular way.

! RC scripts + BIOS 4 ever !