[systemd-devel] Setting mount option `sync` for root parition in fstab causes umount to fail during shutdown

Isaac Nickaein nickaein.i at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 17:37:59 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 8:37 PM Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> I figure 3bc341bee9fc7dfb41a131246b6fb0afd6ff4407 should fix your
> issue. Does your version include that already?

Good catch! I'm on systemd v234. That's exactly the fix that could
resolve the issue.
I will switch to systemd v239 to test whether this works.
Thanks for the help.

BTW, the commit message was fun to read:

*This most likely amounts to no real benefits and is just here for
completeness sake*

Talk about underestimating your commit.

----