[systemd-devel] Setting up systemd-journal-upload.service

Doron Behar doron.behar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:05:04 UTC 2018

I'm trying to setup a systemd-journal-upload.service on my VPS and I
keep getting the same error regarding my private key.

The messages from the journal say:

```
Aug 08 15:44:26 vps systemd-journal-upload[28240]: Upload to https://0.0.0.0:19531/upload failed: unable to set private key file: '/etc/ssl/systemd/client.key' type PEM
```

I've followed the instructions exactly like in the man page
`systemd-journal-upload(8)` and in order to be sure I have even wrote a
shell script I copied to it the contents of the commands specified in
the manpage and I ran it in an empty directory `/etc/ssl/systemd`.

I have `systemd-journal-gatewayd.service` running while I'm trying to
run `systemd-journal-upload.service`.

Thanks for any help.