[systemd-devel] [Need Help]: What Systemd service directives to use

rajat rastogi rajat1.iitd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:24:50 UTC 2018

Hi Sietse,

Thanks for reply.

So if use mentioned directives as below

A.service file
------------------

PropagatesReloadTo=B

B.service file
----------------

PropagatesReloadTo=A

Will not it create a loop? If yes, how to avoid it.

I will re-phrase the requirements:

1. If process A is restarted then B should also be restarted

2. If process B is restarted then A should also be restarted

3. If process A is stopped then B should not be stopped

4. If process B is stopped then B should not be stopped

For the above requirements, I want to know, what directives I need to add
to service files for A & B.

Regards,
Rajat