[systemd-devel] non-dev systemd-devel package for Linux

Silvio Knizek killermoehre at gmx.net
Fri Aug 31 18:03:56 UTC 2018

I think you got the point of -devel packages wrong.
A -devel package does not contain the development version (a.k.a.
something unstable) of an application, but everything you need to
develop against an application. Like header files. They are stripped
out on RHEL/CentOS in its own package to reduce package size and
because you don't need them normally.
With "rpm -ql systemd-devel" you see which files are in the package.

HTH
Silvio