[systemd-devel] starting qt application after DRM initialized

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Dec 7 05:25:55 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 10:58:31PM +0100, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run qt qml application on intel nuc but when booted from
> hdd I'll get an eror when app is started:
>
> I think it is some kind of timing issue as when booting same image
> from usb stick application will automatically start while when booting
> from hdd I get above error. Would be possible to postpone it somehow
> until DRM display is initialized? Thanks.

  This is exactly the problem GDM (GNOME Display Manager) encountered
few years ago. The solution was devised – your application needs to wait
until CanGraphical property goes to yes on the seat application is
using.
  See https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gdm/issues/103

--
Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                                          72->|   80->|