[systemd-devel] starting qt application after DRM initialized

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 07:36:18 UTC 2018

Hi Tomasz,

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 6:26 AM Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 10:58:31PM +0100, Belisko Marek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to run qt qml application on intel nuc but when booted from
> > hdd I'll get an eror when app is started:
> >
> > I think it is some kind of timing issue as when booting same image
> > from usb stick application will automatically start while when booting
> > from hdd I get above error. Would be possible to postpone it somehow
> > until DRM display is initialized? Thanks.
>
>   This is exactly the problem GDM (GNOME Display Manager) encountered
> few years ago. The solution was devised – your application needs to wait
> until CanGraphical property goes to yes on the seat application is
> using.
Thanks for info. But I'm not suing any GDM (nor X) just qml
application. So IIRC then I need to code something in my application
to wait until
CanGraphical is available? I'm bit confused ;). I was thinking about
approach that systemd can postpone starting of my application until
DRM is available (not sure is such trigger exists though).
Thanks.
>   See https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gdm/issues/103
>
> --
> Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
> xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                                          72->|   80->|

BR,

marek

--