[systemd-devel] Disable message "A start job is running for myservice"

Paolo Minazzi Paolo.Minazzi at mitrol.it
Mon Dec 10 12:47:42 UTC 2018

Dear all,
I'm studying systemd to write a service that start and is executed
before a local-fs.target.
To do my test, I have written a simple service.

[Unit]
Description=myservice
DefaultDependencies=no

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "echo begin; sleep 20; echo end"
RemainAfterExit=true

I realize that at boot, after 8 seconds, a message appear :

[ ***          ] A start job is running for myservice ( X sec / Y )

with the counter X that grow up.
I have not found a way to modify the elapsed time after systemd begin to
show this message.
I could have a service that require more that 10 seconds to start (for
example a mount of a UBI volume) and I would like to not have this message.
I read about
TimeoutSec=
TimeoutStartSec=
TimeoutStopSec=
RuntimeMaxSec=

but these parameter cannot modify the behaviour.
Is there some way to do it ?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Paolo