[systemd-devel] Disable message "A start job is running for myservice"

Paolo Minazzi Paolo.Minazzi at mitrol.it
Mon Dec 10 13:09:32 UTC 2018

Il 10/12/2018 14:00, Reindl Harald ha scritto:
> no and this all sounds like seeking a solution for a non existing
> problem! what in the world do you achieve whne your system hangs around
> at boot and don't tell you any reason?
>
> "TimeoutStartSec=" controls the limit so that it won't get killed
> prematurely and having a system talking to you telling it's not dead is
> a good thing, always
Hi Reindl,
thanks for your fast replay.
I understand your suggestion.
But there are cases , for example the attaching and mount of an UBI
volume, that can require more than 8 seconds. I would prefer a message
that the mounting process in running, and not a generic systemd message
with the counter. The systemd message seems an error, this is my idea.
Thanks again,
Paolo