[systemd-devel] how is systemd-journal-gatewayd filtering logs?

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Thu Jan 11 03:03:06 UTC 2018

Hello, I'm having another systemd-journal-gatewayd issue...

I'm finding that journal-gatewayd is not returning all logs that are
actually available in the journal to users with appropriate privileges.

In particular, I have a service whose managed ExecStart program is
writing to stdout and stderr, all of which are captured by journald.
Using journalctl I can see all the process output in the logs.  However,
none of this output is available via journal-gatewayd.

Why are these logs being filtered by journal-gatewayd?  How can I force
it to not filter any logs from the journal?

Thanks for the help.

jamie.